Balanced Ground aims to empower individuals to take control of their wellbeing by actively choosing and following their unique path to wellness, ultimately striving for optimal health.
After over 10 years as a social worker, working closely with families and children experiencing challenging circumstances, I had a light bulb moment. This awakening guided me down a path to support and connect with others around health and wellbeing.
My experience as a social worker showed me the strength of the connection between the mind and the body. I saw first hand how stress, negative attitudes and poor self-care often manifest itself in significant physical and emotional problems. I also witnessed the devastating impact of individuals feeling disconnected from themselves and those around them.
I have long been interested in complementary therapies and personally experienced long lasting health outcomes from reflexology. I believe that the body has an innate ability to heal itself and find its own natural balance, if supported and nurtured in the right way. We just need to find a way to give ourselves permission to prioritise our own wellbeing needs.
- Bachelor of Social Work (2004)
- Diploma of Reflexology (2016)
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (2008)
What to expect from a session with Balanced Ground
- Holistic approach to understanding and restoring health and wellbeing
- A non-judgemental and professional approach that respects each person’s story and experience
- A client-centred approach where you feel in control of the process
- Strengths-based perspective focusing on ways to build solutions
- Highest standards in relation to privacy and confidentiality